Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Mindy Gledhill in Concert Photo


Theme is: PINK
NO EDITING ALLOWED!!
So this first image is
SOOC (Straight Out Of Camera)
AND has a lot of PINK!!  ;p


This is the edited version!
The 2 images are for Before and After
The 2nd Image is also for:
Sweet Shot Tuesdays
Touch Up Tuesday
& Communal Global
Sweet Shot Day

This was taken at Mindy Gledhill's Release Concert of her AWESOME new album Anchor!
She was adorable, whimsical and PHENOMENALLY TALENTED!!! 
I already loved the coloring and magical set up, so I just boosted the hue/saturation and sharpened a bit. 
Gave it a slight ethereal feel... 
Although I thought they did an excellent job of creating that with the lighting and stage decor!

If you're not familiar with Mindy, let me introduce you!!
This is a fun little video she did from her new album (before it was released).

Some of the best songs of her album can be heard in their entirety at OurStage
This album is whimsical and FUN!! Just check out her album cover!
Her previous album, Feather in the Wind is kind of like the soundtrack to my LIFE! LOL!!
Of course there are a couple that would do my latest chapter with my sweet hubby from the new one, too!
Feather in the Wind has got to be MY LIFE SONG! So if you have a couple minutes, ENJOY!!  ;D

In case you can't tell, Mindy is one of my ALL TIME FAVORITE artists!!
To see my review of her concert and LOTS more pictures from it, 
CLICK on over to my post at Diamond Potential!



19 comments:

Erika B said...

Very nice concert photo! Beautiful coloring.

Erika B

Buckeroomama said...

I can never get this great a shot at concerts! :)

Sam said...

Great shot!

Ashley Sisk said...

She is beautiful and the photo is so what's the right word....it's just perfection. I love it. YOu barely had to do any editing.

Julie @ Get Healthy Cheap said...

Wow, you got a great shot, especially for a concert! I'm your newest follower from Tuesday blog hoppin' - hope you stop by and say hi!

Unknown said...

Here for TuT! That's a great shot! The edit is perfection.

Karli @ The Bonnie 5 said...

I think this is the best concert shot I've ever seen! Seriously. Wow. None of mine have even come close...and your SOOC was unreal! Absolutely gorgeous. Thanks so much for playing. Great job! :-)

Sofia said...

I like your edit...and her dress, if only she could get rid of the puffy shoulders...
Sofia

Self Sagacity said...

Just landed from FMBT, so many wonderful reads on your blog. I followed you, hope you'll stop by and follow back Self Sagacity. Thanks and have a great day.

Unknown said...

I'm a new follower from Follow Me Back Tuesday.
I hope you'll come check me out at PS Mom Reviews and follow me too!
I have fun giveaways going on now too!

Unknown said...

What a great photo. That was truly a beautiful shot. I'm your newest follower from FMBT.

Unknown said...

Hi,

What a great picture from the concert. Im your newest follower from the blog hop. I hope you can stop by.

http://rwriterjourney.blogspot.com/

Holly said...

Thank you!! I am frequently the photographer for theatrical productions, so I am used to adjusting to these conditions. No flash is ever allowed during a performance, so you need to work out what kind of lighting your working with for a proper white balance, set it on shutter priority, adjust the ISO up to where you can get a good shot, set the shutter as fast as is needed to not blur all your shots. (A tripod is sometimes needed...) Be ready for minor adjustment for different light conditions.

I was on the front row here, so I didn't have to deal with heads in the way and such. The more you do it, the better you'll get. Next time you go to a community or high school play, try it!! ;D

Amanda- The Nutritionist Reviews said...

What an interesting dress she has on in the first photo!

I found your blog through Follow me Back Tuesday! Have a great day.

Anonymous said...

Wow...I love the photo. She looks a bit like Alice In Wonderland.

xoxo

patty said...

love all the pinks and organges in the photo...and in the first video... love the feet in the tree!! :) love te whimsy of it! thanks for introducing me! :)

patty said...

been nosing around, as i listen to feather in the wind. love all of your music selections. august rush is one of my all time favorite movies... wonderful!

Susan said...

Well done!!

Holly said...

She actually blogged about the dress! I think it's at http://mindygledhill.blogspot.com

Patty: August Rush is definitely in my top 10 favorites!! I'm so glad you like Mindy's songs here. I think you'd especially love her newest album "ANCHOR", it's very whimsical. ;D Check back, I'm going to be doing a giveaway with her Feathers in the Wind album soon. ;D